Five Things I Didn't Know about Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Staten Island
1. In Manhattan and Brooklyn, the abundant wildlife
can be viewed in parks, sidewalks, museums, and subways.
2. Trees aren't the only thing growing
in Brooklyn (but there are lots of trees).
3. One takes the Staten Island Ferry to
see the Statue of Liberty, but very few of the people on the ferry will leave
the terminal building to see Staten Island (unless they live there).
4. The train will almost certainly go
near where you're going, but walking will be a big part of your daily routine,
and sitting down on the train is always a goal.
5. New York City is a really, really big
city, even when you spend most of your time in just two boroughs, and only a
few neighborhoods. It's possible to be there for days without ever seeing Times
Square or Grand Central Station.