Church and States
Monday, August 22, 2016
6 fun facts about Vermont (now with ice cream!)
1. The name Vermont probably derives from
les verts monts
, (French for "the green mountains"). The Green Mountains run north and south the length of the state.
2. It's the only state with no buildings taller than 124 feet (around 11 floors).
3. Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream, located in Waterbury just off Interstate 89, has a really fun tour that includes free ice cream.
4. Vermont has consistently come up as the least religious state in Gallup polls. In 2015, only about 22% of the people surveyed considered themselves "very religious."
5. Also in 2015, the state was the leading producer of maple syrup.
6. New Hampshire, New Jersey, Connecticut, Delaware, and Rhode Island are smaller by area.
Dean and Mindy Anderson
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post Comments (Atom)