1. Dorris, which has the furthest north church we could find in California, also boasts the highest flagpole west of the Mississippi.
2. El Ranchito, also in Dorris, might be the homiest Mexican restaurant we've ever visited.
3. In Needles, near the eastern edge of California, you can eat at The Wagon Wheel. It's on Route 66!
to drive through a tree (and to shop at the gift shop) in northern California.
5. A church near Sacramento has a giant (man-made) oak tree in the lobby. It's very cool.
6. You really need to spend some time under the redwoods and at the Pacific coast.