Monday, December 7, 2015

23 Songs We Sang Most Often in Church in 2015


This is possibly the least scientific year end list you'll see among the many coming out this month, but to the best of my knowledge, these are the songs we sang most frequently* in the churches we visited this year. (All except one of the churches were in California, for what it's worth statistically.) They're grouped by number of times we sang them, and if there's an alternate title it's in parentheses. They're listed from least to most frequent, and as alphabetically as I could manage on half a cup of coffee.

Sung twice
All Creatures of our God and King
Alleluia
Amazing Grace
Bless the Lord, O My Soul (10,000 Reasons)
Blessed be Your Name
Glory be to the Father (Gloria Patri)
The Great I Am
Holy, Holy, Holy
I Love You, Lord
I Surrender All
In Christ Alone
Lord, I Need You
The Lord's Prayer (I think each time was a different tune, but I didn't note that)
Song of Hope (Heaven Come Down)
There is a Fountain
Trust and Obey

Sung three times
At the Cross
Come Thou Fount
I'll Fly Away
This I Believe (The Creed)

Sung four times
Amazing Grace/My Chains are Gone (counting the traditional version of Amazing Grace, we sang this song six times, making it the most frequently sung worship song this year. Which really isn't surprising, is it?)

Sung five times
Cornerstone
Doxology (Praise God from Whom all Blessings Flow)
-- Mindy
*There were a whole lot of other songs sung in churches we visited this year. These were the ones sung at more than one church. Here's the complete list (which will be updated to be complete through the end of the year) for 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment